Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) believes that we all share a fundamental obligation to protect children from harm. EREA is committed to the welfare of all children in its care in Colleges, Childcare Centres, Flexible Learning Centres and other entities. We provide child protection training to all our staff and work to create an environment that supports them in their care of their students.
This program is designed as a resource for all staff and others working with children and young people in EREA. It is designed to be an accessible resource to assist them in responding to child protection issues and to complement other local training offered at Colleges, Centres and other entities.
EREA thanks Bev Patterson for her time, wisdom and expertise in developing this comprehensive program that we believe would be particularly useful as a refresher course for staff who may have already undertaken child protection training or for staff who may not have been able to attend in-house training. EREA also wish to acknowledge Br Barry Buckley AM, Christian Brothers & Pat Mullins, Mullins Lawyers for their assistance in the preparation of this training course.
EREA Regional Director – Northern Region
The information and advice provided in this online training is based on reliable research, however it does not constitute legal advice. Legal advice should be sought from a qualified legal representative bearing in mind the specific circumstances of each incident or situation. The scenarios, images and names used in this program are fictional and do not refer to any specific person/s. The images are purchased under copyright. All rights reserved. No part of this program may be reproduced in any form or transmitted to any other person without the prior written permission of Edmund Rice Education Australia.
Before you get started there are few things you need to remember:
- It is beneficial that reading materials are utilised to enhance the training experience.
- Refer to the instructional guide to assist you in using this training platform.
- Remember to use the “Mark Complete” button to progress through each lesson / topic.
- To pass each Assessment you will need a score of 80% in each unit.
- It is estimated the training course may take 2 hours to complete.
Computer, Internet Connection & Speaker Volume "On"
Unit 6 – Scenarios (2018)
Scenario 1: Physical Abuse (2018)
Scenario 2: Child to Child Sexual Abuse (2018)
Scenario 3: Sexual Abuse (Professional Misconduct) by a Teacher on a School Excursion (2018)
Scenario 4: Images / Sexting (2018)
Scenario 5: Psychological Abuse (Cyber-Bullying) (2018)
Scenario 6: Neglect (2018)
Scenario 7: Emotional Abuse (2018)
- Scenario 1: Physical Abuse (2018)
- Scenario 2: Child to Child Sexual Abuse (2018)
- Scenario 3: Sexual Abuse (Professional Misconduct) by a Teacher on a School Excursion (2018)
- Scenario 4: Images / Sexting (2018)
- Scenario 5: Psychological Abuse (Cyber-Bullying) (2018)
- Scenario 6: Neglect (2018)
- Scenario 7: Emotional Abuse (2018)